IDP Re-Order Drop Down List RRS feed

• Question

• Still, haven't found a solution, so I am reposting - anyone has any good thoughts about re-ordering the RTP List on IPD login. 

IE: -> IDP Drop Down Lists Current Order is:

Alpha 
    Beta
    Hotel
    Whiskey
     I would like to reorder the list by most frequently accessed:

Whiskey
    Alpha
    Beta
    Hotel
    My original question:

What is the best way to reorder relying party trust  (RTP)? Not alphabetically but by order of use. 

I would like to have the most used RTP first followed by those less frequently used. 

I know this can be accomplished in the onload.js.  Not clear on how to code it. 

thx.

/j.>

• Edited by AmridgeJack Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:00 PM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:58 PM

All replies

• Yes - the list can be re-ordered in a number of ways using onload.js.

I'm not aware of any way to get the stats. for RP usage that is available to onload.js.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:44 PM
  • Thanks for the response!

I do not necessarily want this to happen dynamically. I am going to make the call on 'most frequently accessed'.

Could you point me in the direction of the proper code to place in the onload.js that would allow me to list the RTP's in my preferred order?

again thank you!

Jack

/j.>

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:49 PM
  • Yes, I have looked over the article in my search but there is a ton minus one.  The one I need. (lol). 

Thanks! Can you be more specific?

thx.

Jack

/j.>

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:21 PM
  • The list in onload.js is generated dynamically so you have to manually move the elements around.

There are examples of how to parse the list here:

ADFS : Moving the "Active Directory" IDP entry to the top of the list

and here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c7151e9c-d8c3-4d6d-bd1b-c62817c47a6d/adfs-3-changing-display-order-on-client-realm-discovery-page?forum=ADFS

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:33 PM