right click causing explorer to crash RRS feed

• Question

• We have several PCs with Windows 7 Pro installed that explorer seems to crash randomly. we've narrowed it down to software that adds right click functionality. just a few we use are Adobe Acrobat, Subversion, and PADS seem to be the main ones causing the issue. Has anyone seen this and been able to resolve the issue?
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:21 PM

All replies

• Some added info. the hardware makes no difference, it's happening on desktops and laptops. Our environment uses folder redirection on the "my docs" and desktop folders. This is done to ensure documents are backed up.
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Hi thunderklomp,

Third party program can cause this issue. I suggest you use Clean Boot to test first. You could refer to this following article to perform Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Best regards,

Karen Hu

• Edited by Karen Hu Friday, March 29, 2013 8:10 AM
    • Proposed as answer by samcr0o Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:35 AM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 8:09 AM
  • Thanks for the response Karen. The problem is our engineers need this functionality and I've determined it's a right click issue that only happens on PCs that have software that adds this functionality. the ones that use it the most are the ones that are having the most trouble. It happens as soon as you open explorer. I've seen hundreds of threads on several sites and no one has looked at the relationship  between third party software and explorer and how they interact with each other.
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:17 PM
  • Does anyone have any idea what direction to point me in? This is becoming a real issue. Need some help from the experts!
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:02 PM
  • As you already said is the 3rd party software the issue, so your engineers have to find other ways to workaround this problem or you have to find another software that works with the same functions.

Dunno where you want to get pointed at because you found the problem already....

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:30 AM