using the content controls and the legacy controls RRS feed

• Question

• I am redoing an already existing word 2013 doc into a template that will now be used on the computer rather than print out and write the info or check a checkbox.  I am having difficulty with the content control checkbox and having it act nicely with the plain text contect control.  I can check the checkbox but then all the content control textboxes appear to be locked.  Can't go and type anything into it.  If during the tabbing process stops on a content control textbox, typing is allowed.  Go to the checkbox and check an item or more then returning to the textbox to type in added info is not allowed.  Or in any of the contect textboxes.  Is there a setting that I'm missing for the content checkbox and/or the textbox?

Thanks...John

• Moved by George Hua Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:47 AM Word product related
    Monday, January 20, 2014 10:26 PM

Answers

• Your problem description suggests you're using a mix of formfields and content controls. These are not designed to work together and can lead to the kind of problems you're experiencing.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by George123345 Friday, February 7, 2014 1:28 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

Since this issue is more related to Word product, I have move the post to Word IT Pro Discussions forum for more effective responses.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:47 AM
  • Your problem description suggests you're using a mix of formfields and content controls. These are not designed to work together and can lead to the kind of problems you're experiencing.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by George123345 Friday, February 7, 2014 1:28 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:54 AM