not possible to see the alert view RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We use SCE 2007 SP1 in a test environment with several Server and Clients. We use SCE also for Software Deployment of Office 2007, Acrobat and lots of other stuff.

At the moment I have the problem that I'm not able to see the Alert view in SCE Console. Always I get the message:

Die Ansicht konnte nicht gefunden werden. Ihre Benutzerrolle hat möglicherweise keine Zugriffsberechtigung für die Ansicht.
    Ein Objekt des Typs MonitoringView mit ID 8db1f5a7-f3f3-2646-6c6b-e34672f7ed98 wurde nicht gefunden.

sorry for the german message (it's an german installation), but I did a translation:

>>>The view could not be found. Your user has possibly no permission for the view. An object of type MonitoringView with ID 8db1f5a7-f3f3-2646-6c6b-e34672f7ed98 is not found.<<<

I used a user with Domain-Admin right...
    ...I seams to me that it is no a permission problem. I'm not sure, but some days before some Management packages was deleted/updated. Maybe that is the reason?

How I'm able to solve that problem?
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Reisenhofer,

Please try the following steps and check whether the monitoring node will be restored:

1. Open SCE Console and go to Administration

2. Right click and select import management pack.

3. Change directory to %program files%\System Center Essentials 2007

4. From the list select Microsoft.SystemCenter.OperationsManager.DefaultUser.xml

5. Click OK

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Monday, September 15, 2008 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Reisenhofer,

The alert is generated by the monitor and the monitor is saved in the MP. so if you deleted some Management Pack which means the related monitor has also been deleted, I suspect that's the reason why you can not see the related alert, you can choose to close these alerts in the monitoring space.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:43 AM
  • Hello Zhang,

Thank you for your answer.

Eric Zhang - MSFT wrote:
    The alert is generated by the monitor and the monitor is saved in the MP. so if you deleted some Management Pack which means the related monitor has also been deleted, I suspect that's the reason why you can not see the related alert, you can choose to close these alerts in the monitoring space.

Ok I used the monitoring space and checked everey client and server for warnings and errors. So I was able to close all opened tasks. Now the error log under computer space shows now "0" errors.

If I want to open the alert view I get the same error message again...

...something else what I have to do?
    Friday, September 12, 2008 10:21 AM
  • Hi Reisenhofer,

Please try the following steps and check whether the monitoring node will be restored:

1. Open SCE Console and go to Administration

2. Right click and select import management pack.

3. Change directory to %program files%\System Center Essentials 2007

4. From the list select Microsoft.SystemCenter.OperationsManager.DefaultUser.xml

5. Click OK

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Monday, September 15, 2008 10:11 AM
  • That was the procedure which solved the problem.

Thank you very much.
    Monday, September 15, 2008 11:07 AM