Win7 64bit Freezing at Desktop Upon Boot RRS feed

• Question

• Sometimes when I boot up my computer, it will get to the desktop then freeze it usually won't though. Sometimes the icons and gadgets will load up and other times it won't. I can move around my cursor but that's about it. I have to shut it down using the power button then loading it in Safe Mode then proceed to restart it from there. I've tried disabling start-up programs but that doesn't help. I've scanned for viruses and such but I don't have any. This started happening a few months ago but it hasn't really bothered me, it's just a hastle. Anybody have an idea?
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 5:27 AM

Answers

• you can use this HOT FIX

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2265716

OR

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

OR

Generally, system freeze can be caused by several factors: incompatible device driver, corrupt system files or software conflicts. To resolve this problem, I would like to suggest:

1.     Update the device drivers to the latest version, especially the graphic driver and BIOS.

2.     Repair the whole system files by using the following two methods:

1)    Run a command: SFC /SCANNOW to automatically repair the system files.

2)    Perform an In-place upgrade. In-place Upgrade is a special upgrade process to repair the system. In-place Upgrade will not affect settings like photos, movies, documents, etc. that are saved on the computer. Moreover, In-place upgrade doesn’t require activation again.

a)    Perform a clean boot in the current operating system.

b)    Insert the Windows 7 Installation Disc to your DVD-ROM drive. If AutoPlay pops up, click “Run setup.exe” directly.

c)     Click “Install now” on the “Install Windows” screen.

d)    In the “Get important updates for installation” screen, it is recommended to select the first option to download latest updates for installation, if Internet access is available.

e)    Check the box “I accept the license terms” to agree with the installation license and click “Next”.

f)     In the “Which type of installation do you want?” screen, click “Upgrade” to perform the In-Place upgrade.

g)    Then, follow the wizard to finish the In-place Upgrade process.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:17 AM
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 9:07 PM