Copying List Item to Subsite List with SPD Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I have a workflow I made in SD2010, and I'd like to move a select number of items (based on their particular metadata) to a list on a subsite.  Unfortunately, neither the move option or being able to copy the item to a list in a subsite are available options in Designer (from my knowledge).  Is there a way to manipulate this without having to download an outside asset?  (I work in gov with sensitive files & thus any new add-ons have to go through a rigorous approval process and also, I am worried about security measures.)

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:03 PM

All replies

• Is this a one time operation?

-Kranthi

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:27 PM
  • No.. The main list hosts a bunch of different list items that are user submitted.  They have the option to select which type of item it is.  Let's call the types A, B, & C.  So A&B can stay in the main list, but when a user submits a Type C Item, C Items need to be automatically moved to the other list where they go through an approval process & are tracked.

-D

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

I think you can write an event reciever on item adding, if you find that the item is of type c move it to the other list and cancel the item creation in the main list. use properties.cancel=true; and property.errormessage = "Some friendly message thanking the user for adding the item"

-Kranthi

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:41 PM