none
event handlers in project online RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to create an event handler in Project Online, but I haven't found any documentation for this. I've found a few pages that point to the SharePoint remote event handler documentation, but those docs are for working with list data, not project server data. 

Unfortunately, the training video titled "Remote event receivers for Project Online" doesn't actually get around to showing how to actually do it.

So, does anyone know of any documentation or have any pointers for creating a remote event handler for Project Server online?

(More specifically, I'd like to write audit info when a particular field changes. In previous versions of project server, I'd use an event handler. Perhaps there's a different way of accomplishing this in Project Online?)

Thanks,

Mike G.

Monday, July 22, 2013 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike, I'm trying to find you some guidance on this.  One approach would be to use the list representation of the project tasks in the 'Project Tasks' list of the associated site - but I appreciate this isn't what you are looking for - but access to event such as project publish as mentioned in the Module 13 you referenced above.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:47 PM
    Owner
  • Any update on this by chance?

Thanks,

Mike G.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:58 PM
  • Sorry Mike - nothing yet.  I understand we are working on some examples for the SDK refresh - but it will be a several weeks before we have anything published.  If I get a chance I wanted to see if I can get  something out sooner via my blog - but don't want to make any promises.  I have vacation coming up and the time between now and then is getting busier...

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:02 PM
    Owner
  • So it seems you're saying it's supported and just not documented? So somehow there is indeed a mechanism for event handlers in Project Online?

Thanks again,

Mike G.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:08 PM
  • Allegedly Mike.  I haven't seen it working - so I don't like to be too positive.  Our SDK team are working on it but there are some other topics ahead of it in the queue.  I reached out to one of our partners that has been doing some work on this - they may be able to give some pointers.  The current SDK points to the Sharepoint way of doing remote event receivers - I understand that is not the same for Project (and you've probably realized that as the VS template doesn't mention Project Server) - we have some WCF endpoints we connect to.

More as soon as I can get it.

Brian

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:15 PM
    Owner
  • http://www.ro.umt.com/blog/2013/08/01/project-server-2013-remote-event-handlers/

Here you can find an article on how to create and use Remote Event Handlers with Project Server 2013. It provides a starting point on how to manage the registration of such event handlers with CSOM, a basic implementation for Project Creating event. However the article does not go in the complexities related to Office365 authentication and OAuth, should CSOM calls need be made back to Project or SharePoint from within the handler.

There is also a code sample accompanying the article.

Hope that helps,
    Ionut

Thursday, August 1, 2013 10:07 AM
  • Thanks!

Mike G.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 1:13 PM
  • That looks great, thanks!!

Mike G.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 1:13 PM
  • i followed the code in the article ,but it is working for resource event handlers and when i am trying to create project event handlers,it is getting struct in queue jobs..i tried oncreating ,onpublishing and onpublished events but it is not working..plz need help..i want to create a event handler in OnPublishing  ..which has code to insert customfield value to sharepoint list .whenever a project is published.
    Friday, October 31, 2014 9:21 AM
  • Hello, can you please take a look on this tutorial I've made about Remote Event Handlers_ http://blog.programframework.com/projectserver/projectserver2013/how-to-create-a-remote-event-handler-for-project-server-2013-project-online/
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:30 PM
  • Hello, can you please take a look on this tutorial I've made about Remote Event Handlers? I've found some bugs on the documentation: http://blog.programframework.com/projectserver/projectserver2013/how-to-create-a-remote-event-handler-for-project-server-2013-project-online/
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:31 PM
  • Hi,

Any latest documentation from Microsoft on event handler?

Thanks, Ram

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:23 PM