APP-V application be provided to single user of a group. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

actually i am working in a lab environment and i want to provide app-v application to a single user of a group (containing 10 users). so how can i do this?

there is another scenario in which there are two groups(20 users each) and i want to provide the application to 5 member of a group and 10 member of another group. so how can i do this with the help of App-V server.

thanks and regards

sumit

Saturday, April 23, 2011 4:37 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The App-V Management server does not offer any way to filter users based on a set of critera to exclude / include certain members of a group.

You could investigate the possibilites of System Center Configuration Manager - however, it would seem that your mind-set for achieving this will complicate your deployment. Something which can be avoided by simply using a new group. 

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:23 PM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Create a new group with the members you want to use the software and provide it using the Application Virtualization Management Server

The trial guide is available here;

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/7/8/F784A197-73BE-48FF-83DA-4102C05A6D44/App-V/App-V%204.6%20SP1%20Trial%20Guide.docx 

/Znack
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 10:10 AM
  • i Don't want to create any new groups.is there any other way by which it can be done.

thanks

sumit

Monday, April 25, 2011 3:28 AM
  • Hello,

The App-V Management server does not offer any way to filter users based on a set of critera to exclude / include certain members of a group.

You could investigate the possibilites of System Center Configuration Manager - however, it would seem that your mind-set for achieving this will complicate your deployment. Something which can be avoided by simply using a new group. 

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:23 PM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:54 AM