none
IE 9 and blurry text RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed win 7 and updated Ie to 9...big mistake !

Because in IE 9 i get blurry text and i have been reading and seaching several forums for this issue

because im not alone with this problem...

I tryed so enable and disable clear type and i also installed some fix update that dident work. I also tryed to disable stuff in tools>internet settings>advanced and had no luck..only making it worse.

Then i reinstalled Ie 9 and made a reset all settings..dident help either...but i found out something wierd.

when i enable compatibel mode and open a site, then the text still is blurry, but if i resize the brower to fullscreen and back to window

size, then the text gets normal like it should be,

But if i disable compatibel mode and resize the browser then the text stays blurry..so it has something to do with compatibel mode and resize the brower..but why and how can i get a non blurry Ie 9 ?

When i close the browser and open the site again then the text is blurry until i do the same trick for each site i open

I tryed with firefox and it shows razor sharp text

I run with 1900x1200 and my screen is samsung syncmaster 245B

I had no problem in xp or vista.

Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, the issue may related with VGA card. Please check if your VGA card is compatible with Windows 7, you can check it on:

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

Also make sure the driver is support to Windows 7. If these is no Windows 7 driver, you can try to install vista driver in Vista Compatible Mode:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/80cae5ee-dc98-4a2f-8284-a1ab826059b7

In addition, lower the resolution of your screen for test.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:21 AM
  • Brand new Dell XPS 8300 Intel core i7 processor with 12gb RAM and with ATI HD Radeon 6670 graphics card that is connected via HDMI cable to new 27" LCD monitor running Windows 7 64bit. I am also having problems with blurry text in IE9 - had same problem with old computer running Vista Ultimate. Text appears blurred and there are magenta outlines on some of the bolder fonts. Resolution on monitor is 1920 x 1080 the native resolution.

Have tuned Clear Type about ten times - it looks great everywhere but IE9. Computer was built 1/31/2012 so the "fix" that I keep reading about has already been installed (I know because I tried to install the KB update, but received message that it was already installed).

So far the only thing that seems to work is to view all webpages in compatibility mode. Is there a solution I do not know about, or an IE9 SP1 due out?

Thank You

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:41 PM