Windows app stopped working after last update RRS feed

• Question

• The Mail and Store apps have stopped working. I click the icons, but nothing happens and no error messages pop up. I thought I could just go to the store and download the Mal app, but clicking on the get app button does nothing. MS support wanted to set up a new account and rebuild everything on my machine. Gotta be a better answer somewhere.
    Sunday, December 27, 2015 6:55 PM

Answers

• Hi David R Webb,

Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer?

Please take the following steps to have a troubleshoot.
    1.Open an administrator command line and run "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" or "sfc /scannow" to check the health of system files.
    2.Run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Windows Store Apps
    3.Open an administrator powershell command line and run "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" to register all store apps.
    4.If the issue persists, please login with another account or a new account to have a troubleshoot. The built-in apps will be installed automatically for the new user.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:56 AM

All replies

• If you have problems with an app from the Windows store, try this app troubleshooter.          

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Monday, December 28, 2015 2:16 AM
  • Have a look at this tutorial :

How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 8 and 10

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3175-apps-reinstall-re-register-windows-8-10-a.html

Monday, December 28, 2015 3:08 AM
  • Hi David R Webb,

Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer?

Please take the following steps to have a troubleshoot.
    1.Open an administrator command line and run "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" or "sfc /scannow" to check the health of system files.
    2.Run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Windows Store Apps
    3.Open an administrator powershell command line and run "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" to register all store apps.
    4.If the issue persists, please login with another account or a new account to have a troubleshoot. The built-in apps will be installed automatically for the new user.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:56 AM