error with application virtualization RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently sequenced an small application to test out application virtualization. I've placed the osd file and other files in the specified content share, added the application into the client, and pointed it to the server the files were located on. Used file streaming instead of rtsp protocol simply to try a basic test. Attempted to load application via tray, and was given the following error.

The operation failed because you do not have sufficient permissions to stream from a file. Report the following error code to your System Administrator.

Error code: 4513CDC-14901C04-0000180B

I am logged in as an administrator on the client machine, and I am unable to find this error code on any search engines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jaytaba@hotmail.com
    Monday, June 22, 2009 3:59 AM

Answers

• Hello,

It wasn't a suggestion, just a question.

Verify that the APP-V Client services has started properly and you should be good.

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, June 29, 2009 4:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, January 9, 2012 10:21 PM
    Friday, June 26, 2009 5:22 AM

All replies

• Monday, June 22, 2009 6:37 AM
  • Yes, check out the part about AllowIndependentFileStreaming as that should get you on your way if you are doing file streaming.

mattmcdermott
    Monday, June 22, 2009 6:23 PM
  • Haven't changed anything on the server, nor the client side minus changing AllowIndependentFileStreaming entry in registry to 1 to resolve a previous issue, and I received this error today:

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Error code: 4513CDC-14200A2A-0000052E

Neither the user name nor password was changed on the server, so I'm curious as to what could possibly trigger this error?

jaytaba@hotmail.com
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:45 PM
  • Hello,

I would say that this error is probably caused from the fact that whatever domain\username and password was passed on to anything - wasn't correct.

If you would have changed any of the above that would be a simple explanation, but since you claim that this wasn't done I would look for other reasons.

How is your environment setup? Exactly what steps have you taken to install both server and client, and what configuration have you done afterwards?

/Znack
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:45 AM
  • Figured out the error, thank you for the help though Znack.

I ran into yet another issue with App-V today. Tried running the client, and received the following error:

The SoftGrid Client could not connect to 'localhost'.

I checked to see if the SoftGrid services were running, and they were all started. Any help would be appreciated. If I find something, I'll post the resolution here.
    jaytaba@hotmail.com
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:51 PM
  • Hello,

its always good to share the solution if you resolve a problem.

Is the client and server running on the same server? Seems like an odd error you got there..?

/Znack
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:44 PM
  • The client and server are not on the same machine. I'm running three different virtual machines, one with the management console and streaming server, one computer with the sequencer, and another computer acting as the client for testing purposes. I've read about installing the server software on the client machine as well, but I'm sure there would be another solution than that?
    jaytaba@hotmail.com
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:51 PM
  • Hello,

It wasn't a suggestion, just a question.

Verify that the APP-V Client services has started properly and you should be good.

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, June 29, 2009 4:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, January 9, 2012 10:21 PM
    Friday, June 26, 2009 5:22 AM
  • Haven't changed anything on the server, nor the client side minus changing AllowIndependentFileStreaming entry in registry to 1 to resolve a previous issue, and I received this error today:

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Error code: 4513CDC-14200A2A-0000052E

Neither the user name nor password was changed on the server, so I'm curious as to what could possibly trigger this error?

Are your machines part of the same domain? And does your account in the client - which you used to test the streaming - allowed to access the fileshare where SFT sits in?

/Kalle
    Monday, July 13, 2009 9:07 AM
  • The client and server are not on the same machine. I'm running three different virtual machines, one with the management console and streaming server, one computer with the sequencer, and another computer acting as the client for testing purposes. I've read about installing the server software on the client machine as well, but I'm sure there would be another solution than that?

Can you test the setup with generating MSI wrapper for you virtual application and then executing that MSI on the client machine? This way you would rule out anything and everything with client/server traffic.

Just add the SFTPATH=path to your SFT into MSI's parameters when executing the MSI file with msiexec.exe /i.

/Kalle
    Monday, July 13, 2009 9:12 AM