none
Project server workflow using Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am creating a workflow for a PWS site using visual studio and I have lots of stages.

My question is just that its painful to go to each stage and change the StageID, instead of that can we declare the StageID in one place. Is that possible?

My project will be deployed in different environments and each time before deploying it to other envs, I will have to change the StageID by going to each stages. Can this process be optimised by referring all StageIds in one file/location? Is this option available?

Thanks in advance

Shameej

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:22 AM

All replies

• Can anyone share link for creating custom workflow using visual studio 2012 in project server. May be I could get any clue for the above question.

Shameej

Monday, June 9, 2014 6:25 AM
  • Since this is a custom workflow there will be no recommended or documented(from TechNet perspective) way to do so, however we have done this in past using a sharepoint list to store the stage GUID's as config values and reference it in workflows, this does the trick of not having to change it from environment to environment

as an alternate you can use XML or any flat file for that as well but in my experience sharepoint list gave better performance than DB / XML / flat file configs

Thanks | epmXperts | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Monday, June 9, 2014 3:53 PM