Windows deleted Sticky Notes RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently updated my laptop and when I turned it on I realized that Sticky Notes is no longer in my system and windows does not allow me to download it from the store. Can anybody please help me!?!
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The Sticky Note is built-in trusted store app in Windows 10, please check if you can find the app in this shell folder:

Open Run box and type: Explorer Shell:AppsFolder 

Then the all apps will appear in this folder, locate Sticky Notes, and right Click to choose Pin to Start.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 12, 2017 1:58 AM
  • I too have just experienced this - I was using the Legacy (Win7) version of sticky notes and then it seems something(maybe a Windows Update?) uninstalled it. Event logs suggest an automatic install of Sticky notes, so I presume I was upgraded automatically, and the legacy version removed. Unfortunately I lost the content of my notes which is disappointing. I've checked the stickynotes.snt found in "AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes" but this file does not contain my missing notes.
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:19 PM