Connect to Work or School broken in Build 14385 RRS feed

• Question

• The Connect to Work or School account system appears to be broken in the 14383 and 14385 builds.  I need to add a connection to our company's Mobile Iron MDM and usually the Connect to Work system allows entering the special MDM server hostname so as to direct the access toward the dedicated server.  Instead the Add Work or School option appears to be connecting to the Azure system.  While I can enter my corporate credentials and the Azure system knows about my company, it then gets locked into a loop of logging in and not finding an account.  

I can never get far enough to add a second Work connection.  

In the past I could add an Azure account connection and then the 2nd attempt through, permitted me to add the corporate MDM system.  It now appears if you can not complete the 1st pass through the process, it will not let you enter a manual MDM connection.  

What I need to do is add a work connection using a manual process where I can point the setup toward a server system other than the Azure system.  I can never get past this 1st attempt process, so I can not perform a second work addition setup, where I can manually point the connection to a separate MDM system. 

Is there a method to perform a manual Work connection that bypasses the Azure system?

Sunday, July 10, 2016 4:05 AM

All replies

• I can reproduce the exact same issue on a Lumia 950 with Build 14385.

Situation is now following

1. I add a work account with company E-mail Address,i get forwarded to Azure Company portal , typing in my company AD password. This woks and account gets successfully created.

2. Nevertheless i need to register to MDM System (MobileIron) also to get access to my company email.
        I need to add again a work account with company email , now i get forwarded to MobilIron MDM registration page and can register with PIN. This works.

But the situation is quite confusing for our customers. It takes us quite some time to find out that a 2nd work account will to the job.

In past build we were able to choose between Work Account (Azur) and Enroll to MDM.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:00 AM
  • Try this: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn925028%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#connecting_your_windows_10-based_device_to_work_using_a_deep_link

If you use this link with ms-device-enrollment:?mode=mdm it works with the internal mobile iron core server.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:47 AM