WORD Book Fold stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Word 2016 Desktop. Every week for the last year I created a book-fold document using legal size paper, always 12 pages. Easy, perfect. Suddenly in January, book fold skips pages (leaves blank pages, and the content from those pages is just missing). The PRINT PREVIEW shows all the pages correctly, with nothing missing. I checked the printer drivers, tried removing all the column/section breaks, then page breaks, but nothing helps. And it is NOT always the same page(s) skipped. I went back to files from last year, and have the same printing problem with all of them now. But I can take the current, or any old, file to a co-worker's machine (with an older version of Word), and everything prints just fine. Has there been some change to WORD 2016 that would cause this?? Very frustrating... help???
    Friday, February 8, 2019 5:48 PM

Answers

• I have Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 – Word Version 1901 (Build 11231.20130 Click-to-run)

Microsoft Word 2016 MSO (16.0.11231.20122) 32-bit

Product ID: 00333-59069-69892-AA783

Session ID: 1C4A6C64-5F3D-4091-88FC-46F45B9FF351

But miraculously, it's working now! I rebooted the PC several times over the last couple of weeks when having the problem, to no avail. But after a quiet weekend, I came in today and tried it again, and the booklet pages print perfectly. I made no changes to anything. Something had to be "glitched" in Word that was fixed by a reboot, but ??? Without any explanation, I hope I don't start having the problem again!

Thank you for your offer to help... I will send the URL of this thread and a copy of the file to the email address specified, in case you want to take a look anyway...? 

COAadmin

• Marked as answer by COAadmin Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:27 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 10:16 PM

All replies

• Can you go to File > Account and in the About Word section tell us what version and build of Word you're seeing this on?

Thanks!

-B-
    http://www.officeforlawyers.com
    Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook

Friday, February 8, 2019 8:23 PM
  • Hi,

Please tell me about detailed version and build information of Word 2016. Please try Microsoft Print to PDF to have a check.

In addition, to help me understand your problem better, you can remove the personal privacy or other important information, send some sample files or screenshots that you want to share as attachments to the following mailbox used to collect the information: GBSD TN Office Information Collection  ibsofc@microsoft.com . Please attach the URL of the thread to the subject of the email to help us differentiate messages. I would be happy to help you as soon as I have your detailed information.

If you have any updates or finding, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

• Marked as answer by COAadmin Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:26 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by COAadmin Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:27 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 10:55 AM
  • I have Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 – Word Version 1901 (Build 11231.20130 Click-to-run)

Microsoft Word 2016 MSO (16.0.11231.20122) 32-bit

Product ID: 00333-59069-69892-AA783

Session ID: 1C4A6C64-5F3D-4091-88FC-46F45B9FF351

But miraculously, it's working now! I rebooted the PC several times over the last couple of weeks when having the problem, to no avail. But after a quiet weekend, I came in today and tried it again, and the booklet pages print perfectly. I made no changes to anything. Something had to be "glitched" in Word that was fixed by a reboot, but ??? Without any explanation, I hope I don't start having the problem again!

Thank you for your offer to help... I will send the URL of this thread and a copy of the file to the email address specified, in case you want to take a look anyway...? 

COAadmin

• Marked as answer by COAadmin Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:27 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 10:16 PM
  • This was a recent bug in Word for the Mac, which has apparently now been fixed.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:16 AM