Issue adding a machine to a Collection RRS feed

• Question

• As we are migrating from 2007 to 2012 I seem to running into this issue more and more. 

For example:

I add a machine a collection to recieve a package deployment

If I check the Properties -Membership Rules of the collection I can see the machine listed however if I go to Show Members of the collection I dont see it. Run Update and Refresh over and over, check the next day still not there and the machine never gets the package.

Has anyone run into this?

Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• It's worth checking colleval.log. Also, close console and reopen it again ...just a try :) Use the search function to check whether you missed the machine while looking at it ? Is this machine added as direct membership ?

Anoop C Nair - @anoopmannur :: MY Site:  www.AnoopCNair.com :: FaceBook:  ConfigMgr(SCCM) Page :: Linkedin:  Linkedin<

Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:25 AM
  • This happens if the limiting collection is other that All systems. Change the limiting collection to All systems and have a look.
    A client will become a member of a collection if it's already a member of the limiting collection. Hop his helps..

Kindly mark as answer/Vote as helpful if a reply from anybody helped you in this forum. Delphin

Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:00 AM
  • Another thing to check:  Make sure you aren't adding an obsolete machine.  It's true that obsolete machines happen far less in 2012.  But, it does happen.  To help from making the mistake of adding obsolete items, I use the "Add Resources" option to add computers to collections.  This way, if you search for the name, you will see 2 of them and then notice that something doesn't look right.  You can also add the "Obsolete" column to look for them.
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 5:37 PM