User has issue of Fonts changing randomly Outlook 365 latest build RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

We have a user that is using a Microsoft Surface 1796 with Windows 10 profession and a standalone Office 365 suite. He is using his Surface with a docking station and 2 monitors. He notices that quite often his font (size and type) will change on his different office suite software (Outlook, Excel, etc). He said it will happen even while using the program without restarting or doing anything to trigger it. It makes for a frustrating time when he all of a sudden cannot read his folder pane or other aspects of his Outlook session because the font has changed and become smaller then usual. This also affects his Excel files as well where the size seems to change to something smaller than he is used to. 

We are not able to lock down these settings and do not know what the cause is but I am hoping someone here might be able to shed some light onto the situation. I know the option to change the font size of the folder pane was removed so I cannot make it any bigger but surely there must be a way to lock all the fonts so they stop changing randomly. 

Thank you.

Bouchman

• Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:51 AM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Bouchman,

>>He notices that quite often his font (size and type) will change on his different office suite software (Outlook, Excel, etc).

Do you mean the font in Folder Pane and ribbon?

User-customization of the folder pane and other fonts is not allowed in Office 365. These sizes should be set by default.

I’d like to recommend you repair Office to test the result. To do this, please go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit and then choose Change. Click Repair.

Besides, does this issue only happen on this computer?

We can try opening Office in safe mode to see if the issue continues. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

For example, exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and then press Enter.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, August 8, 2019 6:27 AM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2019 1:54 AM
  • Hi Bouchman,

How is everything going on with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 12, 2019 8:43 AM
  • We are still experiencing the issue.

You can see that his "read" emails are showing in the correct font but the "unread" are blue and in the incorrect font. We've changed the view settings multiple times now and also repaired his office installation but the problem keeps happening. 

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:32 PM
  • If it only occurs to unread emails, it seems that a specific font was set. Please open View > View Settings > Conditional Formatting > Unread messages. Check the font setting.

I haven't seen this issue on my Outlook 365 version 1909. Does it happen to multiples users?

If all the settings are correct, please test it in a new profile:

Open Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add. Follow the instruction to configure your account.

Friday, September 27, 2019 9:14 AM
  • Hello, 

We have tried those fixes as well and the problem continues to return hours later. Is there any other place we can look or a log we can configure to find out what is causing this to happen?

Thank you,

Bouchman

Monday, September 30, 2019 2:17 PM
  • Do you mean the font will change again after you set it in View Settings?

Try follow command to test the results:

Exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /cleanviews and then press Enter.

If issue continues, uninstall Office using the support tool and reinstall to see if it helps.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6:10 AM