none
Change Default RDP Icon RRS feed

• Question

• Evening All

I was wondering if anyone could help me to change the default rdp icon presented to users in UAG. I am publishing five predefined remote desktop sessions and they obviously all have the same default icon. I have created custom icons for them, say RDP1, RDP2.... and placed the icons in the customupdate folder. I have then published the rdp sessions, ensuring I name each according to the names I have given each png file, but the icon is always the default one. I'm confident it's just the naming convention I'm using, I've tried RDP1.png and rdp1.remote_desktop.png and RDP1.uag_selective_remote_desktop.png, but nothing seems to work. Each time I delete the original application, activate the config, recreate the application and once again activate the config. Anyone have any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, August 13, 2012 4:36 PM

Answers

• Evening All

I was wondering if anyone could help me to change the default rdp icon presented to users in UAG. I am publishing five predefined remote desktop sessions and they obviously all have the same default icon. I have created custom icons for them, say RDP1, RDP2.... and placed the icons in the customupdate folder. I have then published the rdp sessions, ensuring I name each according to the names I have given each png file, but the icon is always the default one. I'm confident it's just the naming convention I'm using, I've tried RDP1.png and rdp1.remote_desktop.png and RDP1.uag_selective_remote_desktop.png, but nothing seems to work. Each time I delete the original application, activate the config, recreate the application and once again activate the config. Anyone have any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know this is only supported for RemoteApps and Web Applications.

Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security

• Edited by Boudewijn Plomp Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:56 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Boudewijn Plomp Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by NeilCC1 Wednesday, September 5, 2012 3:17 PM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:55 PM