Windows 10 Mobile Provisioning Package for LayoutModification.xml RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We're developing a provisioning package using Windows ICD to configure a standard start screen layout for our Windows 10 Mobile users. There are many instructions on the Microsoft site (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/mt171093) but either they don't work, or I'm missing something!

I've tried various ways to get it working - copying the XML file shown in the link, assigning it to the StartLayout section, creating a PPKG file, dropping it on the phone...but nothing changes. Various restarts, resets of the device without deleting the provisioning information, but no changes...

Any ideas? According to other information this is something that can be 'easily done'!

Thanks,

Jus

Monday, June 13, 2016 1:08 PM

All replies

• Did you get this to work I am doing the same thing and I can't seem to get it to work either.

Can anyone give guidance on how to get Provisioning Packages to work using Windows 10 Mobile connected via USB to a Windows 10 Desktop.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:19 AM
  • Hi,

No we didn't get the LayoutModification.xml to work at all on the Windows 10 Mobile. After trying various different combinations within the Provisioning Package the Start layout was never amended. Other settings within the Provisioning Package worked though - for example Disable WiFi Tethering etc.

The Start layout on the Windows 10 Mobile was quite important to us, however, for the time being this has been 'parked'!

If we ever manage to find a way of doing it I'll update it here.

Thanks!

Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:03 PM