10162 to 10240 - still possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i am a Windows Insider and I am part of the program since the first days. I am now in holiday since 2 Weeks and i am worried on one thing: I have at home a SP3 with 10162 installed - now when i come back, is it still working cause i read that all keys were deactivated? And is it still possible to get the 10240 over Windows Update? Will I have any running issues cause of the licenses?

Thank u in advance for ur answers... ;)

Monday, July 20, 2015 8:51 AM

Answers

• .......... i read that all keys were deactivated............

That does not apply to builds already installed.
    Yours will stay activated. You don't have to worry.

.......is it still possible to get the 10240 over Windows Update?

Yes, you can still get 10240 through Windows Update.

......Will I have any running issues cause of the licenses?

No, you shouldn't have any of such issues.

Monday, July 20, 2015 10:48 AM

All replies

• If you current build is activated and running a Home or Pro version, it should stay activated if you upgrade to 10240.

If you installed the Enterprise version, you can upgrade but you need to wait for an official MAK key (MSDN or VLSC) to activate. You can still use the KMS Client key (NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43) but you'll need to update the KMS Server Host key to validate the (VLSC Only)

Gerald

Monday, July 20, 2015 9:52 AM
  • Thank u Gerald... It is a normal pro version still 10162 and it was a clean install but I am part of the insider program. And I am logged in withe same live account as in the insider program. So it should be run... I didnt touch the surface B&W for 11 days cause I am on holiday but it will be ok I guess... Cause I need use it... Thanks
    Monday, July 20, 2015 10:04 AM
  • Both the ISO'S and the Keys to activate have been suspended because of the pending release of win 10.  You should stay where you are until its release and decide if you want to continue as part of the insider program or convert to the release path.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Monday, July 20, 2015 10:40 AM
  • .......... i read that all keys were deactivated............

That does not apply to builds already installed.
    Yours will stay activated. You don't have to worry.

.......is it still possible to get the 10240 over Windows Update?

Yes, you can still get 10240 through Windows Update.

......Will I have any running issues cause of the licenses?

No, you shouldn't have any of such issues.

Monday, July 20, 2015 10:48 AM
  • OK Thank you. 
    Monday, July 20, 2015 2:35 PM
  • Hi again, I still have the problem, that my SP3 is not finding updates. I am still on 10162.

The best is yet to come. W10.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:07 PM