WinRM access is denied RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have 2 windows XP sp3 boxes (preparing for about 10 more) that are not part of a domain that I'm trying to setup for powershell and I've gotten stumped with the winrm stuff. Everything seems to have installed correctly (through the powershell patch), but I'm unable to enter any winrm commands other than "winrm help <something or other>". The result of anything else is (ie: winrm enum winrm/config/Listener):

WSManFault

Message = Access is denied.

Error Number:     -2147024891 0x80070005

Access is denied.

I've tried from the administrator account. Using runas to start cmd. The net seems devoid of any real help on this, though I have run into a suggestion about UAC, but I that isn't on xp (I think). I've confirmed that the WinRM service is started on these machines.

I can't figure out how to remove the powershell "patch" to do a reinstall, so that hasn't been done.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thursday, December 2, 2010 1:58 AM

Answers

• Hi

After a total of about 4 days, I finally found the unbelievably simple answer: Administrator was denied access to the machine from the network in Local Security Policy. Good luck to anyone who needs this...

• Marked as answer by InAtari Wednesday, December 8, 2010 4:01 AM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 4:01 AM

All replies

• Hi

After a total of about 4 days, I finally found the unbelievably simple answer: Administrator was denied access to the machine from the network in Local Security Policy. Good luck to anyone who needs this...

• Marked as answer by InAtari Wednesday, December 8, 2010 4:01 AM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 4:01 AM
  • Where in Local Security Policy I will find the Administrator is denied access. I'm having the same problem accessing resources between two computers in the same workgroup. Although, I have set the WINRM SET WINRM/CONFIG/CLIENT @{TRUSTED....... I can't use WINRS cause it always pops an "access denied".
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 4:55 PM