none
Replication- table replication with filter RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

we have transactional replication from serverA to ServerB ,  accounttable to accounttable. (publication contains 130 articles).

as of now all columns in accounttable replicated to supscription.

new requirment:  column "Price "@accounttable  in subscriptiondb  needs to update from other table value.  

how can i accomplish  this ?  shall i write another synchronize job to update this column alone or add filler in article property?

this table is high transaction used one . which way is advisable ?

• Moved by Tom Phillips Sunday, November 17, 2019 12:23 PM Replication Question
    Sunday, November 17, 2019 7:58 AM

All replies

• Hi KIRUBAKARAN J A,

>> column "Price "@accounttable  in subscriptiondb  needs to update from other table value.  

From your description, you want to update the table your subscription DB. Did the same table in publisher DB have updated? If the table in publisher has updated, the changes will also synchronize to the same table in subscriber. If I misunderstood your issue, please let me know.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 18, 2019 9:08 AM
  • no,  in publication not updated... only subscription need to update.

Monday, November 18, 2019 1:33 PM
  • You can update this column keeping in mind that the publisher might wipe out its value at any time,.
    Monday, November 18, 2019 2:43 PM
  • no,  in publication not updated... only subscription need to update.

Hi KIRUBAKARAN J A,

By default, Subscribers to transactional publications should be treated as read-only, because changes are not propagated back to the Publisher. However, transactional replication does offer options that allow updates at the Subscriber. But as Hilary mentioned that the publisher might wipe out its value at any time. Because subsequent data changes and schema modifications made at the Publisher are usually delivered to the Subscriber as they occur (in near real time). If  values of the table in publisher are changed, the table in subscriber will also be changed in soon.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:09 AM