Help!! Autocorrect entries are not long enough for me. RRS feed

• Question

• Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I am using auto text expander in Chrome , and I want to do the same kind of thing in outlook. However, the outlook auto correct does not permit the entry of more than a sentence or two.

Am I doing it wrong? Is there a workaround?

Thursday, June 25, 2020 11:32 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Do you mean the feature in Outlook like below?

If so, as I know, the replace box can only support the Maximum Number of 32 characters and the with box can only support the Maximum Number of 255 characters. I'm afraid that it is by design.

If you want to type more that 32 characters in the replace box, I'm afraid this is impossible and we have no workaround to achieve it.

If you want to type more that 255 characters in the with box, please check this article to use the "Formatted text" option.(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this can be helpful.

Friday, June 26, 2020 7:38 AM
  • Yes, precisely. thank you for the reference and the reply sir. 
    Friday, June 26, 2020 1:17 PM
  • Hi MightyRighty,

Thanks for your reply. Glad to see that those information above is helpful to you.

By the way, would you mind marking my reply as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread?

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2020 1:37 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Saturday, July 4, 2020 5:58 AM