none
Outlook Webb App - Exchange 2007 not working after installing Sharepoint Foundation 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a server running exchange Server 2007 Sp3, we installed Sharepoint Foundation 2010 (no SP) and now every time that we are trying to access the OWA, it allows us to sign in but it wont go further, a error message appears saying:

The page cannot be displayed
    Explanation: The Web server refused the connection, possibly because a service on the upstream server is inactive.

Try the following:

Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
        Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
        Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.
        Contact website: You may want to contact the website administrator to make sure the Web page still exists. You can do this by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the website home page. 

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Code 10061: Connection refused
        Background: When the gateway or proxy server contacted the upstream (Web) server, the connection was refused. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the upstream server. 

I checked the Certificates and they seem to be fine. also the binding seems to be ok in ISS

any suggestion? i had already uninstalled Sharepoint but that didnt make any difference.

We are still receiving and sending emails without problems

Thanks

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check the DNS and make sure it is pointting to CAS server;

If the issue continues, please check if there is any redirection on IIS virtual direcotires escepially on /OWA.

And let me know where did you install Sharepoint Foundation? on the server running Exchange server role? So it is SBS server?

Thanks.

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:01 AM
  • Hi Fiona:

Where can i find the DNS settings (are you taking in IIS?) or inside Exchange management?

i am not aware of any redirection

yes, SF was installed in the exchange server, no, it is a windows Server 2008

Thanks for your help

Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:27 AM