Skype for Business conference call drops dial-in users on entry to the meeting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys, 

I have the following problem with my S4B conferences:

When dial-in users call my dial-in number they connect to the conferencing gateway and enter their ID, and as soon they join the meeting after stating their name, their call gets dropped. As soon as the "You are now joining the meeting" finishes, they get dropped.

Callers go through a Cisco 2600 ISR to connect to the meeting.

If a person in another Lync organization calls me the call does not get dropped and we can talk for hours. The issue only comes up when the caller joins a meeting I've organized. 

I've already turned Media Bypass on and set EnableSessionTimer = True, RTCPActiveCalls = False, RTCPCallsOnHold = False

For testing purposes I set up Asterisk so the calls can go through it instead of the Cisco ISR and there was no problem. 

The conferencing problem seems to be with the Cisco trunk. 

Does anyone have a Lync integration with a Cisco IRS and has he/she encountered this problem? Thanks

The dial-peer on the Cisco router is the following:

dial-peer voice 7 voip
     description Lync
     preference 1
     destination-pattern +359249106..
     voice-class codec 1
     session protocol sipv2
     session target ipv4:192.168.1.1
     session transport tcp
     dtmf-relay h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Kritiyan.

Please disable REFER support on the trunk in Skype4B.

If this does not solve the problem, you should capture the issue in CLS logging and check with Snooper why this happens.

/Kenneth ML

Regards, Kenneth ML

Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:38 PM
  • Hi Kristiyan, 

you need to look into  the Gateway logs and see why the  call has not connected. If another person from different lync  organization calls ? ( Is this a lync to lync call or is he calling your DID  that comes through the GW), Confirm that your PSTN inbound calling is working fine. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Friday, September 30, 2016 6:55 AM
  • Thank you for answering. I disabled REFER support and now the dial-in user gets through, however he can only stay in the call for exactly 20 seconds, then the call gets dropped. Every time it's exactly 20 seconds. I can give you the Cisco SIP logs here: http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=122540 

Thank in advance.

Friday, September 30, 2016 7:37 AM
  • I do not have experience reading Cisco SIP stack trace, but that I can fire out. Secondly, I am not going to download anything from that kind of fileshare services.

Either copy/paste the text in here (at least the SIP messages) or share it using your OneDrive.

Regards, Kenneth ML

Friday, September 30, 2016 1:19 PM
  • I figured it out. Thanks
    Monday, October 3, 2016 12:52 PM
  • Just curious, for my own sake what was the fix?
    Monday, April 10, 2017 1:05 PM
  • Hi Kristiyan, I am having the same problem. Can you share how you fixed this?
    • Edited by Betsy Gura Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:09 PM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:08 PM