none
Launch Project without that default 'Project1' ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been facing this issue with all the Project versions for a long time and I'm afraid I already know the answer but still: is there a way (without macro) to launch Project Pro 2010 without the default blank project called 'Project1'?
    Friday, October 14, 2011 8:26 PM

Answers

• No, sorry.  Not to the best of my knowledge.  You could open a specific project file when launching Project but otherwise when opening Project, it has to show *some* project and by default it is the blank, Project1.

Julie

• Marked as answer by SoA Friday, October 14, 2011 10:05 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 9:08 PM

All replies

• No, sorry.  Not to the best of my knowledge.  You could open a specific project file when launching Project but otherwise when opening Project, it has to show *some* project and by default it is the blank, Project1.

Julie

• Marked as answer by SoA Friday, October 14, 2011 10:05 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 9:08 PM
  • Hmmm... Thank you for your prompt answer.

And how can I open a specific project plan when launching Project ? This could help me by selecting an enterprise template by default...

Friday, October 14, 2011 10:05 PM
  • Hi,

If you choose File > Options, Advanced under General there is an option "Open last file on startup."  I haven't tested the following in Project 2010 (it was written for 2007) but the following may also give you a leg up.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/command-line-switches-for-microsoft-office-project-HA010165551.aspx

Julie

Friday, October 14, 2011 10:13 PM
  • The last file but not a specific project plan such as a template :/

The last file does not interest me because I want to force project planner to use an enterprise template. And as soon as they save a project plan on the server, they will reopen this project next time...

Thanks anyway !

• Edited by SoA Friday, October 14, 2011 10:25 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 10:23 PM
  • You're welcome. 

You may want to re-post over to the server forum to see if there are command line switches or some way through the server interface to force usage of  a particular enterprise template.

See:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projserv2010setup/threads

Julie

Friday, October 14, 2011 10:30 PM