Deleted items folder RRS feed

• Question

• I went into my Outlook app and all of the items from my Deleted Items folder are gone, how can I retrieve them?  Thanks!
    Friday, October 21, 2016 6:26 PM

Answers

• Hello Dear, 

You can easily recover your permanently deleted items from Outlook if you are connected to MS Exhange server. To know how, please visit here: http://msoutlookworld.blogspot.com/2015/06/how-to-recover-deleted-email-from-ms-outlook.html

Thanks & Regards

Clark Kent

Saturday, October 22, 2016 6:25 AM
  • Hi Autumn13,

What type of email account are you using? IMAP, POP3 or Exchange ActiveSync?

Can you see the deleted items if we log on to Outlook.com webmail interface?

In addition, do you have AutoArchive enabled for the Deleted Items folder? If so, your deleted items may be permanently deleted or moved to the archive.pst file. Please check your archive.pst file to verify this.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, October 31, 2016 10:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, November 7, 2016 2:58 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:11 AM

All replies

• Go to Deleted Item --> select Recover Deleted Items in ribbon

Regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server and Desktop Infrastructures
    MCSE Messaging, Collaboration, Productivity, Mobility, Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, October 31, 2016 10:07 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, October 31, 2016 10:07 AM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 6:29 PM
  • Also depends on your Exchange Organization policy.

Regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Messaging, Collaboration, Productivity, Mobility, Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Friday, October 21, 2016 6:34 PM
  • The items I am looking for are not there.  Can they be pulled off the backup server at MS?
    Friday, October 21, 2016 6:49 PM
  • Ok you are with O365 or Outlook.com, not Exchange on premise ?

Gilles Tremblay

Friday, October 21, 2016 9:13 PM
  • I use both O365 (it actually comes up as O2016) & Outlook.com.
    Friday, October 21, 2016 10:04 PM
  • Are you connected using POP3 or Active Sync ?

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Sunday, October 23, 2016 1:02 PM
  • Hi Autumn13,

What type of email account are you using? IMAP, POP3 or Exchange ActiveSync?

Can you see the deleted items if we log on to Outlook.com webmail interface?

In addition, do you have AutoArchive enabled for the Deleted Items folder? If so, your deleted items may be permanently deleted or moved to the archive.pst file. Please check your archive.pst file to verify this.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, October 31, 2016 10:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, November 7, 2016 2:58 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:11 AM