Pin to Start Menu - File Description RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm pinning a programs' executable to the start menu the shortcut shows the whole file-description instead of just the file-name. It doesn't matter whether I'm moving it per drag'n'drop or adding it through the context-menu.

Is there an option to change this?

†I wanna live, I wanna love, but it's a long hard road out of hell!†
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you pin the icon to the start menu with the steps as the following link:

Pin a program to the Start menu

Also, please check if all the other programs encountered the same issue or only a special one.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:23 AM
  • As I said, that happens with every exe-files which is added through explorer (drag'n'drop or context-menu). If I'm doing it within the start menu shortcuts, the respective shortcut-name is used. Same thing occurs with "pin to taskbar".
    Friday, April 1, 2011 1:55 AM
  • So is this a bug, or a 'typical improving' Windows 7 feature?
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:50 AM
  • Is there anything I could change in the registry to stop this behaviour?
    Friday, April 15, 2011 1:37 AM
  • Any explanation why it's doing this by default? (And please don't come with "...that behavior is by design", this misbehavior is just infelicitous.)
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:30 PM