Desperately Need Help re: Movie Maker and DVD Maker RRS feed

• Question

• I've scanned the posts on this board & haven't noticed any problems that seem to fit my description (although the suggestions being made may in fact help me). But, here's my problem...

I have laid out and previewed an .avi film in MMaker and published it both from MMaker to a CDR and imported a completely new .avi film created in MMaker to the DVD Maker program. I have changed the aspect ratios and any other boxes I could locate and tweak with. But, the problem remains the same...

Although the previews are all clean and lovely, once I burn the project(s) to a disc (be it CDR or a DVDR), my initial title page (created in MMaker) is fine, but after that point EVERY SUBSEQUENT FRAME of my film has a bright neon green stripe that squashes the video into a 1"-2" space, surrounded by the letterbox frame. Now, I love and admire the letterbox format and always use it, but THIS IS A BIT EXTREME. I'm especially confused b/c nowhere in my creation of the project(s) have I used ANY GREEN!!

Now, I know there has to be some young person out there that can easily solve my problem. I am welcome to any and all assistance at this point, as my resourcefulness (and patience) is worn paper-thin at this point.  Ta very much in advance to any and all who volunteer to come to my rescue. For, I am indeed a proverbial 'damosel in distress'!!

Holly 

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When did this issue start to occur? Will this happen to all other file type?

If recently, system restore can be under consideraiton.

Make sure you have obtained latest Windows update. Disable\uninstall other third party DVD burner to avoid conflict.

MMaker is a third party software involved, please also make sure you have installed the latest version from it.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 28, 2011 9:30 AM

All replies

• Oh...forgot to add...I have rec'd NO TYPE of error msgs at any point during my creation or burn processes...and I'm using MS Vista as my OS.

Sorry, My mind's buggered over this & I can't think straight. I feel an absolute dope...Thx again

Holly

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:57 PM
  • Suggestion only :

You may want to do a system file check. See if it finds any corrupted files and be able to repair them

System file check in Vista :
    http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html

System file chekc in Win7:

If it solves your problem, I did it. If it does not, my twin brother did it.
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:21 PM
  • Hi,

When did this issue start to occur? Will this happen to all other file type?

If recently, system restore can be under consideraiton.

Make sure you have obtained latest Windows update. Disable\uninstall other third party DVD burner to avoid conflict.

MMaker is a third party software involved, please also make sure you have installed the latest version from it.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 28, 2011 9:30 AM