Internet explorer cannot be found anywhere but update still wants to update it RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have windows 2008 R2 computer that windows update wants to update but i cannot find it anywhere not in programs not in installed updates. Where could it go. On that computer there is no even icon to launch it nothing it is not in installed updates but windows update still wants to update it. I dont know if it is explorer 9 10 or 11 since it cannot be seen

When i try to apply update i Get error 9C48. I would uninstall but cant find it anywhere to uninstall but when i launch iexplore.exe it starts. How come it couldnt be uninstalled

Dalibor Bosic

• Edited by cer113 Sunday, May 14, 2017 12:03 PM
    Sunday, May 14, 2017 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Dalibor.

According to what you wrote, you could try using the DISM command line tool: open an administrative command prompt window and execute the following command

dism /online /disable-feature /featurename:Internet-Explorer-Optional-amd64

You have to restart the server for this change to take effect.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, May 14, 2017 2:36 PM
  • Hi,

you can find it here

On 64-bit:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

On 32-bit:

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Merci de marquer comme réponse les sujets qui vous ont permis d'avancer afin que cela puisse être bénéfique aux personnes qui rencontrent le même problème.

Sunday, May 14, 2017 6:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Dalibor.

According to what you wrote, you could try using the DISM command line tool: open an administrative command prompt window and execute the following command

dism /online /disable-feature /featurename:Internet-Explorer-Optional-amd64

You have to restart the server for this change to take effect.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, May 14, 2017 2:36 PM
  • Hi,

you can find it here

On 64-bit:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

On 32-bit:

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Merci de marquer comme réponse les sujets qui vous ont permis d'avancer afin que cela puisse être bénéfique aux personnes qui rencontrent le même problème.

Sunday, May 14, 2017 6:28 PM
  • ya i have found one command that let me uninstall IE and after that I was able to do offline install of IE

Dalibor Bosic

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 6:08 PM