Can't open Attachments from outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts,

I have just recovered form the stop working error by repairing Office suit. Now another problem appears that I am unable to open an attachment in Outlook, the error message "Application Not Found" poped up.

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this issue?

FYI, if I save the attachment somewhere and open it from Windows Explorer, there is no issue at all. 

Sunday, July 16, 2017 1:31 PM

Answers

• Hi baron1180,

Does this problem occur to all types of attachments?
    What's the version of your Outlook?

Please try to clear the Outlook Secure Temp folder and check if it can resolve the issue. For detailed instructions, you may refer to the article below:

https://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 17, 2017 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hi baron1180,

Does this problem occur to all types of attachments?
    What's the version of your Outlook?

Please try to clear the Outlook Secure Temp folder and check if it can resolve the issue. For detailed instructions, you may refer to the article below:

https://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 17, 2017 10:20 AM
  • this doesn't help. 

I check the folder "secure temp folder" and there was nothing there. 

any suggestions ? 

Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:42 PM