none
Delegated account - Drafts saving in my folder

Question

• Hey

I have created a new email with the sender as a delegated mailbox. However when i save this, it saves in MY drafts folder and not the delegated folder. 

Now i know i could just drag it to the delegated folder, but is there a way of this automatically doing it?

Many thanks

Mark

Thursday, March 30, 2017 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

Did you have full access permission to this delegate mailbox? How did you add the delegate mailbox/folder in Outlook?

If you want the draft message to save in delegate mailbox instead of the default primary mailbox in Outlook, please add this delegate mailbox as second accounts in Outlook instead of just the additional mailbox of the primary mailbox.

To add it as second account, please do:

1. On the File tab, click Account Settings in the Account Settings list.
    2. In the Account Settings dialog box, click the E-mail tab, click New.
    3. In Auto Account Setup dialog, fill in with the delegate mailbox Name and E-mail address, keep the Password blank, click Next.
    4. If there is a window prompted for credentials to connect this shared mailbox, use your credentials (your User Name and your Password) who have full access permission to this delegate mailbox for authentication.
    5. Click Finish to complete the shared mailbox configuration.
    6. Restart Outlook and click the delegate mailbox Inbox, click New Email in Outlook and save it.

Then confirm if the email is saved in delegate mailbox Drafts folder.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 8:47 AM
  • Hi Mark,

Any updates on your issue?

Feel free to post back if there is any thing unclear about my previous reply.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 9:51 AM
  • Hey

Sorry for the delay guys.

The account was delegated via our email team. The user is happy to move drafts between accounts.

Mark

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 1:54 PM
  • Hey

Sorry for the delay guys.

The account was delegated via our email team. The user is happy to move drafts between accounts.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Have you tried the suggestions above?

Adding the delegate mailbox with full access permission as a second account would save the drafts to corresponding drafts folder automatically. 

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Thursday, April 6, 2017 1:47 AM