none
Task are not coming in resources bucket RRS feed

• Question

• whenever  manager assign task in his resources task are not coming in resources my task page also email notification is not getting.

Please me urgently...................

Friday, May 2, 2014 12:00 PM

All replies

• somu1 --

First of all, what version of Project Server are you using?  2010 or 2013?  Secondly, has the project manager actually PUBLISHED the project in question?  Team members will not see their tasks in PWA or receive the e-mail notifications until the project manager publishes the project.  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, May 2, 2014 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

Please ensure that:

• The project plan has correctly been published by the project manager,
    • The resources are enterprise resources from the enterprise resource pool and not local resources,
    • The resource assigned on the tasks are also the assignment owners of the assignement (insert the "assignment owner" column in the task usage view in MS Project Pro).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Friday, May 2, 2014 12:23 PM
  • I am using Project server 2013 and manager has been published the project.
    Friday, May 2, 2014 12:28 PM
  • Hi Somu1--

Please can you check my reply and come back to us?

Hope this helps,

Friday, May 2, 2014 12:35 PM
  • Hi somu1,

in addition to the previous replies please check if in the Team Builder the resources are entered with "BookingType" = "proposed". If yes, then change the "Booking" Type to "committed" and republish the Project plan.

You can do this in Project Pro | Resource | Add Resources | Build Team from Enterprise.

Best Regards

Bernhard Fischer

Bernhard Fischer [MVP] | www.wodey.de

Friday, May 2, 2014 12:52 PM
  • hi Bernhard,

I have already change the Booking type to committed.

still facing the problem.

Friday, May 2, 2014 12:57 PM
  • Hi somu1,

do you have installed the Service Pack 1 on your Environment? I know we had some issues in the past which are gone with SP1 and the actual CU.

In the meanwhile try to delete the resource from the Project Team, reassign it and republish the Project plan.

Best Regards

Bernhard Fischer

Bernhard Fischer [MVP] | www.wodey.de

Friday, May 2, 2014 1:09 PM
  • Hi Bernhard,

I have installed the service Pack 1 on my machine.

Friday, May 2, 2014 1:13 PM
  • Hi Somu1--

Due to your very short replies, it is quite tricky for us to determine whether or not your have actually tested what we proposed..

• When Bernhard is talking about SP1, it is also at server level, so you might check this with your farm admin.
    • Then have you check-out the assignment owners of the assignments in question?
    • Have you checked that the "publish" value (insert the "publish" column) is set to YES?
    • Have you checked in the log and queue that the publish job was successful?
    • Have you checked if the resources are not local?
    • Have you tried to delete the assignment, create it again and republish the plan?
    • Sometimes, just changing the assignment owner, publish, change it back to the resource name and republish the plan solve this kind of issue.

Hope this helps,

Friday, May 2, 2014 3:35 PM