none
Purge Project Server 2013 resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hello -

I am currently working on a Project Server 2013 implementation, and we ended up making some mistakes with our resource pool synchronization that I am working through fixing. The main one is that we pulled in more users than intended.

Is there a way to bulk-delete resources from the server without needing to resort to the Delete Enterprise Objects page in PWA Settings? Preferably scriptable? I wasn't able to determine which PS cmdlets would help me that regard.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Chris O.

Friday, December 13, 2013 1:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Chris,

Why don't you want to use the out-of-the box "delete enterprise objects" feature in the server settings?

It is intended to do exactly what you need and would be the best and easiest solution.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, December 13, 2013 2:02 PM
  • Well, its a long story how we got to this point, but I have something like 50,000 resources to delete. The out-of-box feature is fine, but it is going to take me awhile to get through. I would rather just dump the whole resource pool outright.
    Friday, December 13, 2013 2:10 PM
  • Hi again Chris,

I'm not a developer, but you'll find below a method to delete resources with PSI (PS2013).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/gg200687.aspx

Hope you can adapt it to your context or start from it.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

• Marked as answer by Chris OB Monday, December 16, 2013 7:09 PM
    Friday, December 13, 2013 4:24 PM
  • Thank you, that should provide a scriptable interface.
    Monday, December 16, 2013 7:28 PM