none
R Server Best Practice and backups RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

By a customer, I need to install the R Server from the SQL Server Installation Center.

Is there any best practice for installation and configuration?
    Like perhaps for example, install the R Server on a separate drive.

Except to backup the library directory, there has been something he has to be backuped?

Thanks for your feedback
    Regards,
    Stéphane

Best regards, Mit freundlichen Grüssen, Avec mes meilleures salutations, Stéphane Haby

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi STH,

You can follow the best practice for SQL Server for R Service.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt696069.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Thanks,
    Shau Phang
    Microsoft R Server Engineering Team

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 10:10 PM
  • Hi Shau,

Thanks for your answer but I search BP for the R Server and not the R Services.

But the link is good to have!

Regards,

Stéphane

Best regards, Mit freundlichen Grüssen, Avec mes meilleures salutations, Stéphane Haby

Friday, November 11, 2016 10:02 AM
  • Hi Shau,

Regards,

Stéphane

Friday, November 11, 2016 10:02 AM
  • Hi Shau,

Regards,

Stéphane

Friday, November 11, 2016 10:03 AM
  • For SQL Server, we offer R as an extensibility service as well as standalone R Server install for Windows Server, For R Server, it doesn't have best practice like in SQL Server to have data, backup and log in different drives. You can opt for the defaults in the installation wizard.

Thanks,
    Shau Phang
    Microsoft R Server Engineering Team

Monday, November 14, 2016 6:16 PM