My HP with Vista will not recognize my cruzer micro drive. RRS feed

• Question

• My Cruzer micro drive has worked on my computer, but this time when i plugged it in it made the beep like it was going to work, but it just keeps flashing and the drive never shows up in "my computer".
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

At this time, let’s try the following to narrow down the issue.

1.    Please check if the Cruzer micro drive exists in Device Manager and if there is any error appears. If it exists, you can remove and reinstall the device to see if it works.

2.    Please check if the drive exits in Disk Management.

1)    Open Computer Management by clicking the Start, right-clicking Manage. In the Navigation pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

2)    If the drive exists, please see if a Drive Letter has been assigned. If not, assign a letter to it and see if you can access the drive.

3.    May I know if there are some responses when you plug the drive to the computer? Just as a test, you can also plug the drive to another computer to see how it works.

As it worked before, a quick solution is to restore the system back to the previous status when the issue didn’t occur with System Restore. (Note: Performing a system restore may cause the loss of the current system settings; therefore, before doing this, please make sure that the system restore point is not too old and set a restore point for the current status.)

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:17 AM