Flash player 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I want to sequence flash player 10, now a couple of questions rise:

- we have the latest internet explorer in the image of the machines (is it useful to sequence flash player 10  then ?)

- how to change the installpath of the player to the Q drive of the sequencer ?  (msiexec ?  the exe or the msi ?)

grtz. Pvds

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:03 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Flash Player 10 is a different application than Internet Explorer. Incase  you meant that you have the latest Flash Player installed on the OS-image - I would see little use to sequence it.

It is not necessary to alter the installation-path to sequence an application, see this article for example;
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932137

Unless you have a very specific need, plugins that are commonly used seldom offer any benefit if they are sequenced.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by pvds Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:03 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:08 AM
  • If you virtualize Flash Player, you will need to deliver a separate Internet Explorer shortcut that brings the IE into the Flash Player package - users won't be able to just open IE and use Flash.

Install Flash to the default install location, don't worry about installing to the Q: drive.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:32 AM
  • When sequencing using the 4.6 SP1 sequencer - choose plug-in or add-on as the type of application. At the configure applications phase, add a shortcut to Internet Explorer

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:50 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Flash Player 10 is a different application than Internet Explorer. Incase  you meant that you have the latest Flash Player installed on the OS-image - I would see little use to sequence it.

It is not necessary to alter the installation-path to sequence an application, see this article for example;
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932137

Unless you have a very specific need, plugins that are commonly used seldom offer any benefit if they are sequenced.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:08 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:08 AM
  • If you virtualize Flash Player, you will need to deliver a separate Internet Explorer shortcut that brings the IE into the Flash Player package - users won't be able to just open IE and use Flash.

Install Flash to the default install location, don't worry about installing to the Q: drive.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:32 AM
  • Hi Aaron,

How can I do that ?.. is it something in the OSD file of flash player to change ?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:38 AM
  • When sequencing using the 4.6 SP1 sequencer - choose plug-in or add-on as the type of application. At the configure applications phase, add a shortcut to Internet Explorer

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:50 AM
  • Thanks very much.

Gr. pvds.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:03 PM