none
Websites Being Redirected Internally RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Within the LAN, when we accessing a page, it gets redirected to a different page. Outside, it's fine. Do you know what I should check? Should i check to see if there's a redirect set or edit the local or DNS host file?

Thanks.

Monday, March 9, 2015 11:52 PM

Answers

• There was one server which IIS had a default website created and a re-direct was set somehow pointing to a specified IP address. I went ahead and removed that and created an A record for that correct website name and It resolves to the website correctly.
    • Marked as answer by Buddie012 Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:31 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:30 PM

All replies

• start with nslookup... then see to what IP it is resolving,... and then check your routing....

Monday, March 9, 2015 11:58 PM
  • Hi,

Did that issue happen for a specified website or all websites?

I recommend you to check the host file to see if any related wrong records existing, if yes, you can delete them:

%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

If you used a local DNS server for name resolution, please also check if any wrong DNS records existing.

In addition, please also run anti-spyware or anti-malware software on your computer as redirects are often causes by a virus.

Furthermore, if you are using IE, you can configure the security zone level to "high"(Click on "Internet Options," then click the "Security" tab. In the "Security Level for this Zone" box, use the slider to set the security to "High." ) to stop IE from using ActiveX, preventing Web pages from redirecting you to others. Please note that although this stops the redirecting action, legitimate websites may not load properly, or at all. Some functions on websites become disabled, such as links to other websites, video or PDF files. This method is extreme, but it stops redirects while you scan the computer for viruses.

Best regards,

Susie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 7:39 AM
  • There was one server which IIS had a default website created and a re-direct was set somehow pointing to a specified IP address. I went ahead and removed that and created an A record for that correct website name and It resolves to the website correctly.
    • Marked as answer by Buddie012 Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:31 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:30 PM
  • Hi,

Good to hear that you solved this issue and thanks for sharing.

Best regards,

Susie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:40 AM