Task List: "Link" (Column on View) shown on DispForm.aspx RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.   I'm a SharePoint novice, and mainly versed in SQL Server, so this goes on my odd-jobs list.   I've created a custom workflow in SPD2K7, that initiates whenever a new item is added to a custom list I created, the workflow is bound to the default task list of the site.   When said workflow fires off tasks, I can see the link to the list where the new item was just created by using a view.  However, if you click the task item (DispForm.aspx) the Link column is not displayed until you click "Edit Task".  How can I make that link appear on the DispForm.aspx that is bound to the Task List?  Is it possible to add additional workflow item-specific information on DispForm.aspx? Thank you to whomever can answer this!

Thursday, October 20, 2011 6:34 PM

Answers

• You can add columns to the list, like an URL column, and post data via SPD to it as needed. You can also make a custom email message and send to users.

My SharePoint Designer Motto is, "If you can dream it, then you can make a hacky, clunky work-around for it."

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Friday, October 21, 2011 3:01 PM