CAL requirements Project Server 2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have researched the CAL questions on here and couldn't find one that addressed my query.

    We have implemented Project Server 2013 and purchased a number of PWA CALs to cover my department and a handful of Project Pro 2013 for administrative/planners. We have an enterprise agreement covering Sharepoint.

    I would like to know if I need a PWA CAL for someone outside of my department that needs to access for example  documents on the associated Project Site for a Project. They would not have access to the Plan, update of Tasks and would not be an Enterprise Resource within Project Server.

    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. Can't seem to get an answer to this.

    Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:33 AM

All replies

  • Hi there,

    I don't get involved in licensing but my understanding is that as that user is accessing a project site in the PWA site collection and that project site contains project server features, they will need a PWA CAL also.

    I would check with your large account reseller (LAR) / licensing partner if there are no other replies on here to confirming either way.



    Paul Mather | Twitter | | CPS

    Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:04 PM
  • I agree with Paul. Licensing  is always complicated are, general understanding is if you need to access to data from PWA you need PWA cal. Microsoft licensing  representative would be safest to get clarified.

    Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

    Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:17 PM