none
New User Not Showing UP as a Resource RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I added a new user to the server today and she is not showing up in the resource center. I have her set up exactly like another user that is in the group (Team Member) that I want her in but for some reason she is not showing up anywhere other than on the Users list. She is marked as "can be used as a resource" so I have no idea why she is not showing up. Any ideas? I've never had a problem adding users as resources before. Thanks.

Judy Washington

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 5:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Sunil,

Thought I'd let you know that I found the problem. In the "My Projects" Category, in the Resources section, the "Only the resources indicated" box was checked, but the new resource was not listed. As soon as I moved her name over to the list I could see it in the Resource Center. Thanks for your help in researching this.

Judy Washington

• Marked as answer by Judy IPD Friday, October 11, 2013 5:36 PM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 5:36 PM

All replies

• is there any kind of Department filtering that could be causing it or may be RBS security on your profile because of which its not showing up ?

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 5:43 PM
  • Hi Sunil,

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question. We don't use the RBS. I am the Server Admin so I have all the security permissions. How do I check the Department filtering? I have a custom Enterprise Field called "Skills" with a corresponding lookup table and I set her up with one of the skills on the list. Not sure how this might be causing the issue but I have not used this particular skill for anyone else so if you think it could be that please explain why. Thanks.

Judy Washington

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:02 PM
  • Hi Sunil,

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question. We don't use the RBS. I am the Server Admin so I have all the security permissions. How do I check the Department filtering? I have a custom Enterprise Field called "Skills" with a corresponding lookup table and I set her up with one of the skills on the list. Not sure how this might be causing the issue but I have not used this particular skill for anyone else so if you think it could be that please explain why. Thanks.

CORRECTION: Actually, I had another user set up with the same skill but that user is now deactivated. Could this be affecting the new user somehow?

Judy Washington

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:05 PM
  • Okay so my comment was, if any value to the department field has been set either in your profile or on the resource irrespective of security, it will filter out the record, so suggested to check wether a department has been either assigned to the newly created resource or if it is on your profile ?

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:22 PM
  • Sunil,

The screen shot looks like it's from the new/edit user form in PWA. If that is where it's taken from then, yes, the resource is assigned to a Resource Department, just as every other user on the system is. that shouldn't be causing the issue because there are many other users in the same department. So I still don't get your point I guess.

Judy Washington

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:29 PM
  • Yes thats from Edit User, and do you also have the same department assigned ? if not can you try assigning yourself the same department(as of the resource not showing up) and then check if you can see the resource ?

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:33 PM
  • ok, I will but why wouldn't I be able to see ALL users as the Server Admin with all permissions? I can see every other resource.

Judy Washington

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:50 PM
  • Ok, I assigned myself the same department as the resource and she is still not showing up in the resource center.

Judy Washington

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:52 PM
  • Another quick test, remove the department from resource and then check, also assuming there is no security category or filter present for views where you are looking for the resource ?

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:21 PM
  • Hi Sunil,

Thought I'd let you know that I found the problem. In the "My Projects" Category, in the Resources section, the "Only the resources indicated" box was checked, but the new resource was not listed. As soon as I moved her name over to the list I could see it in the Resource Center. Thanks for your help in researching this.

Judy Washington

• Marked as answer by Judy IPD Friday, October 11, 2013 5:36 PM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 5:36 PM
  • Great, glad you were able to figure out the issue, thats where in my last post i mentioned assuming no security category or filters are applied :)

Have a good day

Friday, October 11, 2013 5:44 PM
  • Right. I figured that's what you meant. Thanks for bearing with me. I'm still learning this stuff and the more I learn, the more I feel there is to learn. ;-).

Judy Washington

Friday, October 11, 2013 5:46 PM