How to configure Windows 2012 Foundation Server as a Remote Desktop Service RRS feed

• Question

• I need a help about configuration Windows 2012 Foundation Server as a RDS for 8 users.

I bought 8 per user licenses, install server as a AD controller, install RD license manager and put the licenses there. But I don't know how to continue. In http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj679892.aspx is described that I don't use RD Connection Brooker and without it I don't have any tool to configure RD because Server Manager requires it. Only thing I can do is install RD Session Host and then I am able to connect more than 2 users in the same time, but I am warned about 120 days time limit because terminal server license mode is not properly configured. Without Session Host I am limited to 2 users. If I tried to install Connection Brooker as a new role, installation failed.

Can anybody help me, please??

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Have your tried to install the RDP services with standard deployment or quick start deployment from the wizard? For more detailed information, please refer to the following thread. Hope it helps.

Windows Server 2012 RD Connection Broker Installation

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverTS/thread/975d3b74-f25f-47a6-a4ee-a50d6250d9a4

Best Regards,

Aiden

Aiden Cao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Aiden_Cao Tuesday, December 25, 2012 3:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aiden_Cao Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:40 PM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 3:20 AM
  • Windows Server 2012 RD Connection Broker Installation

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverTS/thread/975d3b74-f25f-47a6-a4ee-a50d6250d9a4

Best Regards,

Aiden

Aiden Cao
    TechNet Community Support

In this article author is using 3 servers to deploy RD, but the problem, that small companies have only stand alone server with Windows Server Foundation 2012. I have the same problem now, one server foundation with AD and I can't install this RD Connection Broker. I found an article, where described how to fix this with connecting to WID database and adding user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE to database RDCms, but the problem for me, that I don't have such database, so I stuck.

The point of Foundation Server is for usage of small companies, that can't spend money for several servers.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Yuriy

Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:08 PM
  • Hello, is there any solution for running Remote Desktop Host on Windows 2012 Foundation without AD installed on it? If I try to install RD Host, the installation fails and server recalls its previous state. Is there any option that prevents W2012Found. from installing RD Host? I've got no AD there and MSSQL2008 Express is installed. Can you help me please? 
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:53 PM