none
Intune Installation questions for both iOS and Android RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We are in process of switching from ME MDM to Intune so we can lock down our policies for Office Apps.

Here are some issues I've run into and was wondering if I'm doing something wrong

1- Is there a way to enroll devices with an email invite or by going to a URL?

With airwatch you could enter a server address, with ME MDM, you get an email and scan a QR code to begin the enrollment process. I'm no seeing this with Intune, all I'm seeing is that you have to install the Company Portal app and sign in with your work account to get started.

The issue with this is, we have some devices that are not signed into a Google or Apple account so they can't download apps.

2- For iOS - when we would push apps for BYOD, users didn't need to enter their personal apple account password, but when we push an app from the ios app store in Intune, users have to enter their apple account creds. 

Are we doing something wrong here or is this how intune works

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 9:44 PM

All replies

• Android:

For Android Enterprise Dedicated and Android Enterprise Fully Managed, you can use NFC, Token, QR code, Zero Touch for enrollment. For other Android device, Company portal is necessary for enrollment.

iOS:

Only BYOD and DEM enroll methods need the Company Portal.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/enrollment/device-enrollment

Best regards,

Cici

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 14, 2020 12:05 PM
  • I am just writing to see if this issue has any update. Also, for the problem, is there any other assistance we could provide?

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Cici Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 22, 2020 3:12 AM