Windows server 2016 TP5 - Cancel button missing at the logon screen (RDS). RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The title says it all.

When "Network Level Authentication" is disabled, opening a Remote Desktop lands on the regular Windows logon screen.

on w2016 TP5, there is no "cancel" button.

Not a big deal but can be a problem on Thin-Clients where there is no obvious way to close the connection. (No all people know the ctrl - alt - down arrow of Dell-Wyse ThinOS to go back to the device screen)

A workarround is to force NLA. I disabled it because opening a RDS using NLA was painfully slow w/ Windows 2008 R2. NLA seems to be OK w/ Windows 2016.

• Edited by lolix2 Monday, July 11, 2016 9:15 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2016 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please provide below information, in order to further identify this problem:
    1. On the WS 2016, run “msinfo32”, provide the OS name and version.
    2. Provide the screenshot of the logon screen which has no cancel button.
    3. Related roles installed/configuration enabled on the WS 2016.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:12 AM
  • Hi,

msinfo32 says : Version    10.0.14300 Build 14300

I have enabled RDSH role. Note that the "Cancel" button is missing also on the console screen, not only from a RDS screen.

There are the two "Login", "password" box, below there is only "Sign in to : <my domain>" and "How to sign in to another domain".

Then there is the Ease of access" Icon in the lower right corner, beside the network logo.

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:41 AM
  • I submitted a screenshot but it disappeared...
    Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:43 AM