Troubleshooting for Windows 10 start menu/NOT Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been searching for the right answer for 2 months. I installed Windows 10 from Windows 7 in August 2015.  One month later, when I tried to click on my start menu, I got the box stating the "start menu was not working & sign out now. We will try to fix it next time you sign on". I had no choice but to sign out & sign back in. Well, it hasn't worked since.  I am signed on as administrator.  Another user (not administrator) on another computer signs on without any problems as of yet.

So I looked into the forums & I read that I could go back to the old start menu. So I followed the instructions and did so.  However I cannot access my programs.  All I accomplished was to be able to sign out.  I don't like it. I don't know how to reverse what I did. I am not a computer whiz by any means.  Any help out there?

Should I revert back to windows 7?  If I do so, can I still get the free upgrade to windows 10?  

I just want Windows 10 to work properly.  I really have not had success finding the right answer as to how to fix the windows 10 start menu.  Maybe I messed up my computer.

Help???

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:00 AM