Setting Default Save Location RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to set the default save location to a specific folder for certain programs?  Some tweak to the registry maybe?  For example, I use Open Office quite frequently to design templates for my workplace, and I need to save them to a networked folder- but every time I click save it defaults to the local My Documents folder.  I tried Googling this for a while and didn't find anything helpful so any pointers on this would be nice.

Thanks.

"Equations are the Devil's sentences." -Stephen Colbert

Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:15 PM

Answers

• This is program dependant.  From what i found on the web, in Open Office:

Go to 'Tools - Options - OpenOffice - Paths - MyDocuments' and select 'Edit' to insert the path of your choice.

Jerry

• Proposed as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, August 1, 2011 6:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, August 5, 2011 9:09 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:43 PM

All replies

• This is program dependant.  From what i found on the web, in Open Office:

Go to 'Tools - Options - OpenOffice - Paths - MyDocuments' and select 'Edit' to insert the path of your choice.

Jerry

• Proposed as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, August 1, 2011 6:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, August 5, 2011 9:09 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:43 PM
  • That worked, thanks.  I will assume then that most programs will function similarly?  How about email attachments? I've run through the options in Outlook (I have 2007) and I don't see anywhere that I can set the Default Save Location...
    Coleness "ID10T Error: Please see your network administrator because you are probably ruining something."
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:21 PM
  • For Office related questions, please discuss in our Office forums.

Microsoft Office for IT Professionals
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/officeitpro

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 1, 2011 6:11 AM