Pass different perameters to App-V app for different users RRS feed

• Question

• Greeting,

have an application in normal environment: c:\program files\app\app.exe

for IT user, we use "c:\program files\app\app.exe" /IT, then get IT menu

for HR user, we use "c:\program files\app\app.exe" /HR, then get HR menu

for Marketing user, we use "c:\program files\app\app.exe" /MR, then get Marketing menu

if "c:\program files\app\app.exe" /?, then show help menu

now I sequenced the app.exe. how to transfer the parameters then?  4 shortcuts?

thanks

userausera

newbie in app-v

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 5:54 PM

Answers

• I don't think there is any other way other than creating multiple shortcuts.

If you don't want to do that then may be you can create a script which will ask if the user is from HR, IT or Marketing Dept & then launch shortcut with respective parameters. 

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:33 PM
  • If a user belong to maximum one group (IT, HR ..) than it's fine to use the "multiple shortcut - one package" approach.

But, if a user is a member of multiple groups (IT, HR ..) you need to make multiple packages.

This is a step back from Softgrid/AppV 4.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 9:06 PM

All replies

• I assume you can create 4 shortcuts with different names which has different parameters.

Have you tried that? Any Issues?

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:06 PM
  • I Knew I can create 4 shortcuts

Is this the only way?!

• Edited by userausera Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:42 PM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:42 PM
  • I don't think there is any other way other than creating multiple shortcuts.

If you don't want to do that then may be you can create a script which will ask if the user is from HR, IT or Marketing Dept & then launch shortcut with respective parameters. 

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:33 PM
  • If a user belong to maximum one group (IT, HR ..) than it's fine to use the "multiple shortcut - one package" approach.

But, if a user is a member of multiple groups (IT, HR ..) you need to make multiple packages.

This is a step back from Softgrid/AppV 4.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 9:06 PM
  • and/or vote here (on the Microsoft Application Virtualization customer feedback site) to get a similar feature in appv5.
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:17 PM