"Message Rejected As Spam By Content Filtering" received by one of our customers

Question

• For some strange reason, one of our customers is unable to send us emails with PDF attachments.  Each time they attempt this they get a "Message rejected as spam by content filtering" NDR.

All of their other emails come through ok - just not the emails with PDF attachments.

I simply want to add the customer's email address to the Exchange 2007 anti spam whitelist - but I can't find where to do this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to whitelist the address?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:05 PM

Answers

• I resolved by adding the customers email address to the exchange whitelist - via Exchange PowerShell.
    • Marked as answer by BadBoyHouse Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:38 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi

According to the error message you provided, that might caused by the wrong SCL value, Here is the step you could follow

• Go to Exchange management console- organization configuration- content filtering- action tab- and increased the SCL to 8
    • Also added the the public ip address of Cutomer Address under allow ip address
    • Restart the Microsoft exchange transport service

Hope it works

Cheers

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Zi FengModerator Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:13 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by BadBoyHouse Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:38 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:37 AM
  • I resolved by adding the customers email address to the exchange whitelist - via Exchange PowerShell.
    • Marked as answer by BadBoyHouse Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:38 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:38 AM