Deploying Adobe Acrobat Pro 10 with SCCM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone point me to a step by step or documentation for deploying Adobe Acrobat Pro 10 with SCCM 2012?

Thanks.....

Friday, November 15, 2013 3:02 PM

Answers

• Absolutely right!,

Here are my notes.......

For reader and acrobat you need to start with the "Adobe Customization Wizard" though be aware that I have found it is version specific. So download ACW for Reader 10 if that's the reader version your working with. Also if you only have the .exe file you need to expand it out so you can work with the .msi "That's what the ACW uses"

Create the following folder structure:
    C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads
    C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads\11.0.0
    C:\AdobePatch\AcrobatTransform
    C:\AdobePatch\AIP
    Download the required .exe files from Abobe and save them in C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads
    If you already have the package with the .msi skip this step and move to launch application"The ACW":
    1. Open an elevated command prompt and browse to C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads.
    2. Run the following commands:
    AdbeRdr11000_en_US.exe -nos_o"C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads\11.0.0" -nos_ne
    msiexec /a 11.0.0\AcroRead.msi /qb TARGETDIR=C:\AdobePatch\AIP
    msiexec /a C:\AdobePatch\AIP\AcroRead.msi /qb /p AdbeRdrUpd11003.msp TARGETDIR=C:\AdobePatch\AIP
    Copy Setup.ini from C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads\11.0.0 to C:\AdobePatch\AIP
    Download Adobe Customization Wizard.
    2. Install the application and launch it when done.
    3. Click on File -> Copy Package.
    Enter the location of your .msi file, name it and enter where you want it stored.
    Make your changes the save the package.
    Now create an SCCM Application with that .msi
    The CMD line will be msiexec /i AcroRead.msi /qn TRANSFORMS=AcroRead.mst
    Terry C.

tconners

Monday, November 18, 2013 3:05 PM

All replies

• I found my notes on deploying reader and I believe the process is the same for Acrobat.

Testing now......

Friday, November 15, 2013 3:49 PM
  • http://www.itninja.com/ usually contains useful tipps on unattended command lines that can be used for deploying various software products.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Friday, November 15, 2013 7:25 PM
  • Thanks Torsten. My notes on reader helped and I have successfully deployed the product.

Now on to troubleshooting my office deployment that keeps failing......  Arrrggggggg........

tconners

Friday, November 15, 2013 7:28 PM
  • Thanks Torsten. My notes on reader helped and I have successfully deployed the product.

This does not help others that might find this thread. Please add some details so that the community can benefit from it.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Friday, November 15, 2013 8:14 PM
  • Absolutely right!,

Here are my notes.......

For reader and acrobat you need to start with the "Adobe Customization Wizard" though be aware that I have found it is version specific. So download ACW for Reader 10 if that's the reader version your working with. Also if you only have the .exe file you need to expand it out so you can work with the .msi "That's what the ACW uses"

Create the following folder structure:
    C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads
    C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads\11.0.0
    C:\AdobePatch\AcrobatTransform
    C:\AdobePatch\AIP
    Download the required .exe files from Abobe and save them in C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads
    If you already have the package with the .msi skip this step and move to launch application"The ACW":
    1. Open an elevated command prompt and browse to C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads.
    2. Run the following commands:
    AdbeRdr11000_en_US.exe -nos_o"C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads\11.0.0" -nos_ne
    msiexec /a 11.0.0\AcroRead.msi /qb TARGETDIR=C:\AdobePatch\AIP
    msiexec /a C:\AdobePatch\AIP\AcroRead.msi /qb /p AdbeRdrUpd11003.msp TARGETDIR=C:\AdobePatch\AIP
    Copy Setup.ini from C:\AdobePatch\AdobeReaderDownloads\11.0.0 to C:\AdobePatch\AIP
    Download Adobe Customization Wizard.
    2. Install the application and launch it when done.
    3. Click on File -> Copy Package.
    Enter the location of your .msi file, name it and enter where you want it stored.
    Make your changes the save the package.
    Now create an SCCM Application with that .msi
    The CMD line will be msiexec /i AcroRead.msi /qn TRANSFORMS=AcroRead.mst
    Terry C.

tconners

Monday, November 18, 2013 3:05 PM