Search configuration issue - "The search request was unable to connect to the Search Service" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm configuring the search in a MSS 2010 farm and I can't seen to ge it to work. I configured a content Source, it crawls successfully (in the crawl log I see it crawled documents within the site) but after adding a search center, when searching I get "The search request was unable to connect to the Search Service"...

What am I missing?

Note: the Default content access account is NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE, since the crawling is ok I assume it's not a content access account issue...

Regards,

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:41 PM

All replies

• Did you associate the search service application to the web application?  Done from central administration, manage service applications->manage service application associations.

Chris

Chris Givens CEO, Architecting Connected Systems Blog Twitter
    • Proposed as answer by Clayton Cobb Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:13 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by RaulQ Monday, April 19, 2010 4:17 PM
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:37 PM
  • I was going to ask the same question Chris did.  Is your Search Center created inside of a web application that is associated with the Search Service? 

But also, have your Scopes updated, and do they show content numbers?

Btw, the Network Service should not be your service account for anything in SharePoint.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:15 AM
  • Hi thanks for the quick reply,

I didn't have the webapp associated with the  Search Service Application, but after doing it I now get the exception:

"The load balancer is not provisioned. Verify the load balancer was provisioned successfully before retrieving endpoint addresses."

This might me relevant, I have the "Search Service Application Proxy" stopped , since I'm only crawling/searching on this server (it's a standalone installation), so i assumed I didn't need a proxy...Do I?

The scopes are updated and I now have a domain account as a service account for search :-)

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:42 AM
  • i have done all this.. created fast search center and associated it with my fast search service .. and permissions on this service is administrator with full control..

so does anyone know why it still says

The search request was unable to connect to the Search Service.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:22 PM
  • I am in the same situation as Mai - did anyone find resolution to this - seems like I'm at the last hurdle with FAST after a long install and this is driving me crazy

The search request was unable to connect to the Search Service

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 8:22 AM
  • Same here anyone fix this?
    Friday, June 4, 2010 5:58 PM